基礎英語講座【82】(完)
★ We both have too much work to do.
We both have too much work to do.我們兩人都有許多工作要做。
Both 表示“兩個都…”,注意和none,each,either,neither等詞的區別:none 用於三者或三者以上的範圍,表示“無一”,each 用於三者或三者以上的範圍,表示“每一個”,either用於二者範圍,表示“兩者中的一個”,neither用於二者範圍,表示“兩者中無一”。例如:
Both of us study in the same school.
我們兩人都在一個學校裡學習。
I don't know any of them.
他們我都不認識。
You can take either of them away.
你可以拿走一個。
Neither of the answers is right.
兩個答案沒一個是對的。
★ I like writing to my penfriend,but it takes a lot of time.
I like writing to my penfriend,but it takes a lot of time.我喜歡給筆友寫信,但就是要花費好多時間。
Take 表示“花費”,指乾某事花費人的時間,和spend 是同義詞,但spend 指得是人花費時間去乾某事。兩個的主語一個是人,一個物。例如:
It took five hours for me to find his house.
找它的房子花了我五個小時。
I spend all of my spare time(業餘時間)to do it.
我把所有的業餘時間都用來做這件事。
★ There are a lot of sheep down there,…buthardly any people!
There are a lot of sheep down there,…but hardly any people!下麪有好多羊,但是很少有人。
Hardly 表示“幾乎不”,是一副詞,常和any 或a 連用。例如:
He is ill and he can hardly walk.
他病了,竝且幾乎走不動。
There are hardly any students in the classroom this time.
這個時候教室裡幾乎沒有學生。
0條評論